Confusingly, Huawei is yet to allow you to alter time zones independent of your smartphone, but there is thankfully still a solution to this straightforward query.
Below, we'll provide step-by-step instructions for changing the date and time on the Huawei smartwatch, whether you're paired with an Android or iOS device.
Solution: Change the time on your smartphone
As we say, while there's no setting or mechanism for you to control the time from the Huawei Watch GT 4; it will mimic the time on your paired smartphone.
This means you can't have your watch showing one time zone - ET, for example - and your phone showing another, like PT.
To get started, locate the phone that your Huawei Watch GT 4 is paired to and begin.
Change the time zone on Android
1. Find the 'Settings' app on your Android phone and select it.
2. Scroll down to 'General management' and tap through.
3. Next, choose 'Date and time' from the list.
4. Turn off the option for 'Automatic date and time' if already selected, and then manually select the time zone and date for your phone.
5. Sync your Huawei Watch GT 4 with the Huawei Health app on your phone to complete the process.
Change the time on iOS
1. On your iOS device, select the 'Settings' app to begin.
2. Tap 'General', followed by 'Date & Time'.
3. Turn off any option enabling automatic time setting, then manually enter the time and date of your choosing.
4. Sync the Huawei Watch GT 4 with the Huawei Health app on your phone to complete the process.
How we test