Your Wear OS smartwatch may work without issue most of the time, but knowing how to reset it is a seriously handy skill to learn.
Whether your Android device is a Fossil Sport, Skagen Falster 3 or even Tag Heuer Modular 45, if you're finding that your watch won't stay connected, sync properly or just seems kind of glitchy, it's time to give it a factory reset.
Upgrade: Best Wear OS watches 2019
Whatever your motivation is, below we've got step-by-step instructions for how to reset a Wear smartwatch.
- Read our full guide to Wear OS
- Check out our review of the Fossil Gen 5 smartwatch
- Find our the most exciting upcoming smartwatches
Reset your Wear OS smartwatch
Before you follow the steps to give your Wear OS watch a factory reset, it's best to understand exactly what this does.
Once you perform this step, any data stored on the watch is erased, any apps and their data are removed and any system settings or preferences you've made are set back to default. Your smartwatch is also unpaired from your phone.
1. On your smartwatch, swipe down from the top and tap the Settings icon.
2. On the Settings screen, swipe down to System.
3. You'll then see the option to Disconnect & Reset, tap it.
4. To perform a Wear OS factory reset, tap Done.
More Wear OS guides
How we test