The Apple Watch 4/Watch Series 4/new Apple Watch is expected to be unveiled at the company's 12 September event, which usually means you can start picking up older generations of the Watch for less.
US retailer Best Buy is currently offering a pretty sizeable discount on select (expensive) Watch Series 3 LTE models that'll save you $300 off the normal price. So if there's any Watch Series 2 or Series 1 owners who have been thinking about an upgrade, there's a few deals here worth looking at.
Essential reading: Apple Watch tips and tricks you need to know
The offer does include both 38mm and 42mm models that feature built-in GPS and cellular support. That $300 off sees the price drop for some models to $449 (down from $749). If you feel like spending big on the current gen Watch, there's also deals on the pricier Apple Watch Edition, which come with ceramic as opposed to stainless steel cases. The 38mm Watch edition version has dropped to $999 from $1,299 while the 42mm ceramic Series 3 is now down to $1,049 from $1,349.
We've listed the Watch models that have dropped down to that price below:
Apple Watch Series 3 LTE deals
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), 42mm stainless steel case with Milanese loop
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), 38mm space black case with space black Milanese loop
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), 42mm space black case with Milanese loop
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), 38mm white ceramic case with white sport band
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), 38mm grey ceramic case with grey/black sport band
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), 42mm white ceramic case with white sport band
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), 42mm grey ceramic case with grey/black sport band
As mentioned, there is a new Apple Watch on the way, which is expected to introduce a larger display with less bezel and more room to show off new, busier watch faces. It will also run on watchOS 5, which will be compatible on older models (Series 1, 2 and 3). So if you decide not to wait it out for the new Watch, you're still going to get yourself a smartwatch with most of the latest software features along with a swimproof design, built-in GPS, heart rate monitoring and cellular connectivity.
Got any questions about the deals above or the Watch Series 3? Let us know in the comments section below.
How we test