Now it's a trio of new Gear S3 watchfaces freshening up the Tizen-powered smartwatch. Samsung's not exactly gone to town coming up with new names for the 'functional watchfaces' - we've got Outdoor, Travel and Sport.
Starting with Outdoor and Sammy has teamed up with famous poo-eater Bear Grylls for an all-action watchface that could save your life if you get lost in the wilderness. Probably.
Available in four colours, Outdoor has an altimeter at three o'clock, a date and weather indication at six, a barometer at nine and a sunrise/sunset widget in the background. Users can set maximum altitudes, pressures and the like - and have the watchface alert them if they are exceeded.
Travel is a useful watchface for keeping tabs of the time and weather in your home location and a far and distant land you've travelled to. It also has currency details up top and maps will open up if you tap the screen.
Samsung Gear S3 in depth
- S Health: Ultimate guideHow to make the most of Samsung's health and fitness app
- Samsung Gear S3 reviewMore apps, but Samsung's latest is still lacking
- Gear S3 v LG Watch SportWhich one deserves a spot on your wrist?
- Samsung Pay versus the restWe give you the lowdown on Apple Pay, Google Pay and more
- Gear S3 tips & tricksHidden features to help you get better acquainted with your S3
Sport has alerts like Outdoor, so you don't overdo it while exercising, with the screen showing a stopwatch, a speedometer, current heart rate and calories burned. There's also easy access to My Journey, for mapping out runs and rides.
The three new watchfaces are all now available from the Gear App Store.