Luckily, you can link your Garmin Connect and Strava accounts together for seamless syncing of runs, cycles and swims. And it doesn't mean choosing one or the other. Connecting your two accounts means you can get the best of both worlds: Garmin Connect's fab insights and workout history and Strava's impressive Segments, leaderboards and social features, which bring runs and cycles to life.
Essential reading: Ultimate guide to Strava
By connecting your two accounts just head out with your Garmin sports wearable and then sync it at home afterwards as usual. Once the data is loaded into the Garmin app it will appear in your Strava account. We've pulled together a guide to help you, so follow the steps below, and then head out and get sweaty.
How to connect Strava to Garmin Connect via app
1. Ensure that Garmin Connect and the Strava apps are installed on your smartphone.
2. Head to the Garmin Connect app on your phone.
3. Hit the menu button and choose Settings > 3rd party apps.
4. Choose Strava from the list and then press Get Started. You'll be asked to log into Strava. When that's done, your accounts will be linked.
How to connect Strava to Garmin Connect web dashboard
If you own an older Garmin that doesn't sync with a smartphone, or you like to work using web apps, you can also pair Strava and Garmin together via the browser dashboards.
1. First you'll need to get Garmin Express to sync your device with your PC/Mac and have a Garmin Connect account. Likewise, you'll need a Strava account, too.
2. Head to strava.com/upload/device.
3. Under Garmin click Get Started.
4. Enter your Garmin Connect log-in details to authorise a link to Strava.
5. And that's your lot. Which app do you prefer to peruse post-workout? Let us know in the comments below.
Shop for recommended running watches on Amazon
Wareable may get a commission