Garmin has dropped a big update ahead of the holidays, with a raft of features rolling out across the range.
The Enduro 2, Epix (Gen 2) Fenix 7, Forerunner 255/265 and 955/965, and Venu 3 series are all getting a unified experience, with the latest Garmin features.
These enhancements aim to provide users with deeper insights into their health, optimize their training, and enhance their overall wellness experience.
The update will unify the user experience across Garmin's premium range, which has become a bit fragmented and inconsistent. and enhancing the overall user experience.
- Nap Detection
- Skin temperature tracking
- Body Battery Energy Monitoring enhancements and insights
- Wrist-based Running Dynamics with cadence, stride length, ground contact time
- Wrist-based Running Power
- Continuously record ski activities, including uphill and downhill segments
- Receive and view photos directly on the watch screen for Android smartphone users
- Personalize analog or digital watch faces with even more data fields
Each device has a different software version so there’s no single update to look out for.
But owners of the devices listed should check for over-the-air updates – and it could mean a large amount of new functionality on the wrist.
For devices such as the Forerunner 955/255 this will be a huge update. While for the Venu 3 most of these features are already included. But for Fenix 7 owners – who bought into Garmin’s flagship brand – have been without some of the latest innovations, such as the Body Battery enhancements.
So finally all of Garmin’s premium sports watch owners will have access to the same top features.
How we test