Changing the time on your Fitbit may not be an immediately obvious need, but there are instances when you'll want to apply some manual smarts to your watch or tracker.
For the most part, Fitbit devices are remarkably consistent in displaying the time β no matter if you've entered a different time zone β but that doesn't mean they're perfect.
Upgrade: The top Fitbit devices of 2020
With this quick guide, though, we'll teach you how to set the correct time on your Fitbit. We'll even tell you how to change the time between a 12-hour and 24-hour format β lucky you.
How to change the time on Fitbit
Since your device is paired to your phone, which is already monitoring your location and time zone, you shouldn't have to actually follow these steps that often. However, there are times β for example, when you shift quickly between different time zones when your phone is off β when Fitbit gets confused and won't be syncing the correct time across.
Solution 1: Sync to change the time
Getting the time correct time may simply be a case of syncing your Fitbit again. This is particularly common for those who don't have All-Day Sync on, which allows the Fitbit to stay in the loop with your phone's time in the background.
1. Ensure your Fitbit is connected to iOS or Android device.
2. Manually sync your Fitbit by pulling down on the app's dashboard. Or, alternatively, turn on All-Day Sync in the Settings of the Fitbit app.
If your Fitbit is still showing the wrong time, attempt to manually change the time by following the steps in the next section.
Solution 2: Manually change the time
1. Head to the Fitbit app and click the Account icon in the top right corner. If you're on a computer, click the Settings icon in the top right corner.
2. Scroll down to Advanced Settings. If you're on the computer, simply scroll down to Settings and click.
3. If Set Automatically is turned on, try toggling it off and on again, then sync.
4. If this doesn't work, try manually setting your time zone by turning automatic time zone tracking off and choosing a city in your time zone. On computer, scroll to the bottom of the Personal Info page and modify your timezone.
5. Once you've made your changes, force a sync with your tracker by heading to the main app dashboard and pulling down. To do this on computer, click the Fitbit Connect icon and click Sync Now.
Switch between 12-hour and 24-hour
Unfortunately, you can't do this from the Fitbit app, and will instead have to log in to the Fitbit online dashboard.
1. Once signed in, click the Settings icon in the top right corner.
2. From here, go from Settings > Personal Info.
3. Scroll down to Clock Display Time β it's from here you'll be able to select your choice of the time.
4. Click Submit and then sync your tracker.
Helpful Fitbit tips
- Change Fitbit bandsNeed help customizing your tracker?
- How to turn off a FitbitSome Fitbit trackers can't be shut down - can yours?
- How to charge a FitbitLearn the ways of replenishing your Fitbit smartwatch or fitness tracker
- Connect Fitbit to AlexaQuick steps to link the two forces
- How to clean a FitbitAll the different ways to treat your Versa, Charge or Inspire straps
- How to use Fitbit PayWhat it is, who accepts it and how to get started
- Transfer music to FitbitIt's time to add music to your Versa or Ionic
- Set up your FitbitLearn to connect to an iPhone, Android or computer