With your Fitbit being a veritable fitness tracking giant, it's easy to forget it also performs perhaps the most basic wearable function - displaying the time.
And while it remains remarkably consistent in doing so, with location tracking helping it match your paired device, there's still occasions when it may not catch up with your time zone or insist on giving you an incorrect view.
Read this: How to sync your Fitbit
With this quick guide, though, we'll teach you how to set the correct time on your Fitbit. We'll even tell you how to change the time between a 12-hour and 24-hour format - lucky you.
How to change the time on a Fitbit
As we say, you should never really have to change the time on your Fitbit, since your device is paired to your phone, which in turn is monitoring your location and time zone. However, there are times - particularly when you shift between different time zones - that the Fitbit gets confused and won't be syncing the correct time across from your phone.
How to change time zone on Fitbit
1. Head to the Fitbit app and click the Account icon in the top right corner. If you're on a computer, click the Settings icon in the top right corner.
2. Scroll down to Advanced Settings. If you're on the computer, simple scroll down to Settings and click.
3. If Set Automatically is turned on, try and toggling it off and on again, then sync. If this still doesn't work, try manually setting your time zone by turning automatic time zone tracking off and choosing a city in your time zone. On computer, scroll to the bottom of the Personal Info page and modify your timezone.
4. Once you've made your changes, force a sync with your tracker by heading to the main app dashboard and pulling down. To do this on computer, click the Fitbit Connect icon and click Sync Now.
How to switch between 12-hour and 24-hour on Fitbit
1. Unfortunately, you can't do this from the Fitbit app, and will instead have to log in to the Fitbit online dashboard.
2. Once signed in, click the Settings icon in the top right corner.
3. From here, go from Settings > Personal Info.
4. Scroll down to Clock Display Time - it's from here you'll be able to select your choice of the time.
Click Submit and then sync your tracker.
Helpful Fitbit tips
- Change Fitbit bandsWhether you have a Versa, Charge, Inspire or Ionic, we're here to help
- How to turn off a FitbitLearn whether your tracker or smartwatch can switch off and on
- How to charge a FitbitLearn the ways of replenishing your Fitbit smartwatch or fitness tracker
- Connect Fitbit to AlexaEverything you need to know about pairing your Fitbit with the smart assistant
- How to clean a FitbitWhether you have an old Charge 2 or a box-fresh Versa Lite, we can help
- How to use Fitbit PayWhat it is, who accepts it and how to get started
- Transfer music to FitbitIt's time to add music to your Versa or Ionic