We understand that smartwatches, fitness trackers, VR headsets and a whole host of other wearables aren't always priced on the cheap side. And while you could sit back and wait for newer models to come along before you dip your hand into your pocket and shell out for an older generation, you also have the option to play the great Black Friday game and take advantage of the mountain of sales.
Yes, the day following Thanksgiving doesn't just serve as ample opportunity to tuck into leftover turkey, it also represents the biggest shopping day of the year. And it's not just those in the US who are splashing the cash, either, with the trend making its way across the pond to the UK in recent years.
This year, Black Friday falls on 24 November. However, the fun doesn't begin and end there, since offers are available in the week leading up to the big day and into Cyber Monday, which falls on 27 November.
Amazon is once again expected to lead the way, with deals landing from 17-26 November in the UK, though Currys PC World, Argos and John Lewis are also among action. For those in the US, Best Buy and Target will both be offering deals in store and online.
But which deals are already available and which are upcoming? Well, read on below for everything you need to know.
Let's start with the big one, the Apple Watch. While the Cupertino company itself doesn't really get on board with the wild deals and start handing out Apple Watches free with every MacBook or iPhone purchase, that doesn't mean other retailers aren't partial to a clear-out. Below are the best deals available right now, as well as some landing soon.
US Apple Watch deals
- Apple Watch Series 2, 42mm, silver - $299, down from $329 - Best Buy
- Apple Watch Nike+, 38mm, space gray - $269, down from $299 - Best Buy
- Apple Watch Series 2, 42mm, steel - $429, down from $549 - Best Buy
Elsewhere, Target has announced that it will offer the Apple Watch Series 1 for $179 (a saving of $70 compared to its current pricing) when it begins its sales on 24 November. Macy's, whose sales will begin a day earlier, will also be offering both the 38mm and 42mm Series 1 at a $70 discount.
UK Apple Watch deals
- Apple Watch Series 2, 38mm, gold - £289, down from £369 - Argos
- Apple Watch Series 2, 38mm, steel - £479, down from £549 - Argos
- Apple Watch Series 1, 38mm, silver - £249, down from £269, Very
- Apple Watch Series 1, 42mm, rose gold - £279, down from £299, Very
- A £60 coupon code on the Apple Watch Nike+ edition and Apple Watch Series 3 when bought alongside Apple AirPods - John Lewis
- At least a £20 reduction on any Apple Watch model when you trade in and old smartwatch - Currys PC World
That's all the deals available so far, but Amazon UK will be vying for your cash from 17-26 November, and we also expect Tesco to roll out its week-long festivities from 20 November, so stay tuned for more.
With the company finally releasing the Fitbit Ionic in October, its trackers are in line for some cuts this Black Friday. No deals are currently available across the web, but below we've detailed just when and where you can pick up a Fitbit bargain.
US Fitbit deals
Target recently announced it will sell the Fitbit Alta HR and Charge 2 for $99.95 and the Fitbit Blaze for $149.95 on Black Friday, meaning punters can save $50 on each device. And Walmart will not only match that $100 price tag for the Alta HR and Charge 2 on Black Friday, but it'll also throw in a second band worth around $30.
Essential reading: How to grab a Fitbit Black Friday bargain
Elsewhere, you'll be able to get a $50 Best Buy gift card when you purchase a Fitbit Ionic on Black Friday, and Kohl's offers a $30 equivalent when you buy a Charge 2 or Alta HR. The latter will also be offering the Fitbit Blaze for $150, a saving of $50.
UK Fitbit deals
Despite Amazon UK beginning its range of deals on 17 November, none have yet to include Fitbit among the fun. We also expect to see more from the likes of Argos, John Lewis and Currys PC World, but it looks as if you'll have to hold onto your wallet until Black Friday before splurging the cash on a new tracker.
Interestingly, Samsung itself has undercut the Black Friday market and offered pretty much its entire wearable range at a generous discount. However, though largely unannounced, we also expect a number of retailers to get in on the action. Here's the best deals available right now, as well as upcoming offers set to land closer to Black Friday.
US Samsung deals
- Samsung Gear S2 Classic - $229.99, down from $299.99 - Samsung (available now)
- Samsung Gear S2 Classic Platinum - $299.99, down from $349.99 - Samsung (available from 19 November)
- Samsung Gear S3 Frontier - $279.99, down from $349.99 - Samsung (available from 19 November)
- Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro - $149.99, down from £199.99 - Samsung (available from 19 November)
- Samsung Gear Sport - $249.99, down from $299.99 - Samsung (available from 19 November)
- Samsung Gear IconX 2018 - $149.99, down from $199.99 - Samsung (available from 19 November)
- Samsung Gear S3 – $279 down from $349 - Target
UK Samsung Deals
- Samsung Gear S3 Classic - £246.99, down from £349.99 - Amazon
- Samsung Gear S3 Frontier - £246.99, down from £349.99 - Amazon
Android Wear smartwatches
There's now an army of smartwatches packing Google's operating system, so check on below for the current and upcoming deals for Android Wear smartwatches.
US Android Wear deals
There's currently no deals being offered in the US for Android Wear watches, but Best Buy have announced what's being lined up for between 23-25 November. The outlet will be knocking 50% off select models of the Fossil Q Wander and Marshal lines, while also shaving up to $150 from its line of Huawei Watch 2 smartwatches.
UK Android Wear deals
- Fossil Q Marshal, smoke steel - £159.99, down from £199.99 - Argos
- Fossil Q Wander, steel - £179.99, down from £229.99 - Argos
With Garmin possessing such an extensive crop of smartwatches and fitness trackers, there's bound to be a bargain for you come Black Friday. Some have already been announced, but it's likely you'll have to wait until the big day for the most extensive deals
US Garmin deals
- Garmin Vivoactive HR - $119.99, down from $249.99 - Best Buy (available from 23-25 November)
- Garmin Vivoactive 3 - $249.99, down from $299.99 - Best Buy (available from 23-25 November)
- Garmin Fenix 5 - $299.99, down from $549.99 - Best Buy (available from 23-25 November)
- Garmin Vivosmart HR - $69.99, down from $99.99 - Best Buy
- Garmin Vivofit Jr 2 - $79.99, down from $99.99 - Best Buy
UK Garmin deals
There's currently no word on Garmin deals in the UK, though, like with Fitbit, we expect many to hit Amazon over the next few days. Elsewhere, don't be surprised if savings are also available through the likes of Argos and Currys PC World.
With the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive already receiving some fairly major permanent price cuts this year, it's fair to say those looking to pick up either of the high-end headsets are operating from a solid standpoint. However, like in the sections above, we've listed the deals any current or impending deals below, and will update when more are announced.
US VR headset deals
- PS VR Gran Turismo bundle - $299.99, down from $399.99 - Sony (available from 19-27 November)
- PS VR Skyrim VR bundle - $349.99, down from $449.99 - Sony (available from 19-27 November)
- HTC Vive + deluxe audio strap + Fallout 4 - $599 - HTC (available from 24-27 November)
- Samsung Gear VR with controller comes free when you purchase a Galaxy S8 or Note 8 smartphone - Samsung
- Samsung Gear VR with controller - $89.99, down from $129.99 - Samsung (available from 23 November)
UK VR headset deals
- Playstation VR Headset with PlayStation Camera, VR Worlds and Move Controller Twin Pack - £399.99, down from £469.99 - Very
Hot Black Friday week deals on Amazon
Wareable may get a commission